Sunday, September 18, 2016

Rudolf Holgerson - Your Smile Makes My Day


One of my favorite songs, I've written. It's about a smile someone had for me without knowing.

Eines Tages stieß ich auf ein Lächeln, wie ich es selten zuvor gesehen hatte. Ich war so beeindruckt, dass ich ein Lied darüber schreiben musste.






Your Smile Makes My Day

Just the other day I have seen.
While clicking pictures on the screen.
Just killing time once again.
But then, a smiling face just looked at me.
I asked myself how could that be?
And it was so stunning and I got hooked,
while I was running.
Refrain:
And you make my day.
With that smile on your face, don’t turn it away.
You make my day.
So much beautiful looking should always stay.
And when the sun is going down each night.
That smiling keeps on shining just like the northern lights.
What more is there to say, just keep it that way.
And you will never walk alone.
I do not know who you are.
Are you close or are you far?
What is your name? It’s almost a shame,
to find me never reach you.
But then let me tell you I’ll always remember
your shining face.
And maybe you just carry on so I’ve written it down
right in a song.

Refrain:

Ending:
Just the other day I’ve really seen.
I was surely not in dream.
A simple smile, so beautiful.
So tell me am I a fool?

Rudolf Holgerson: Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment